VariLite Facial Vein Removal
Varilite available to our clients in the Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg, Oshawa and Belleville region.
What is VariLite?
VariLite Laser is used for the removal of vascular and pigmented lesions.
VariLite Laser is a dual wavelength (532 nm and 940 nm) laser system that generates an intense beam of light that is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin (bright red blood cells carrying oxygen) and melanin (black or brown pigment found in the skin) causing destruction while leaving healthy cells intact.
What conditions are treated?
- Facial telangiectasia – surface veins caused by dilation of capillary vessels
- Cherry angiomas – slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider angiomas – slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
- Rosacea – red facial lesions around the nose and cheeks causing a sunburned irritated look
- Spider veins – small, superficial purple or red veins stretching like a web under the skin
- Lentignes – flat, brown spots on the skin, present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Freckles – brown spots on the skin
- Dermatosis papulosis nigra – small black raised lesions seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
- Keratoses - slightly elevated pigmented lesions often found on the back and hands
What to expect after treatment?
Some redness may occur in the treatment area immediately following treatment; however it should subside within several hours. Some swelling may also be experienced and will go away in 1-2 days.
Final treatment results should be evident 10-14 days after treatment for vascular lesions and within 2-3 weeks after treatment for pigmented lesions.