Skin care products available to our clients in the Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg, Oshawa and Belleville region.
The SKiN Laser Clinic is proud to offer clients access to first class, pharmaceutical-grade skin care products. We have specifically selected products that are affordable, clinically proven, and science-based, and suitable for various skin types. Our products include:
We provide free skin care product consultations. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn which active ingredients are optimal for your type of skin. And you can also learn more about our 4-point strategy for maintaining healthy, youthful skin: prevent, protect, repair, and rejuvenate.
Available only at physician and skincare provider clinics*, NEOCUTIS is one of the most scientifically advanced skin care lines available today. And Skin Laser Clinic is proud to be approved as one of its few suppliers in Canada.
Do you want results in as little as 7 to 14 days? Developed by Swiss scientists and based on extensive cutting-edge research, NEOCUTIS is a breakthrough in anti-aging skin rejuvenation. NEOCUTIS delivers!
- Nourishes collagen production
- PSP® peptides harness power of Human Growth Factors for state-of-the-art skin revitalization
- Contains Melaplex®, a skin brightening complex
- Visibly reduces redness and evens skin tone
- Improves skin hydration
Benefits include improved skin elasticity and firmness, and a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles. While it might seem like this is what every skin care line claims, NEOCUTIS is one of the few companies that can stand behind its claim based on its exhaustive scientific and clinical research.
However you probably care more about the results than the science! We get that. So stop in to see us and we'll be happy to answer your questions about what NEOCUTIS can do for you!
* We urge people to be cautious about buying NEOCUTIS from anywhere but an approved clinic. Non-approved locations may be selling imitation product, which may not be safe for your skin.
INNOVATIVE SKINCARE is a scientifically advanced luxury skincare company that brings together science and beauty. INNOVATIVE SKINCARE is dedicated to producing highly effective, clinically-validated skincare products that deliver dramatic physiological improvements to the skin.
- NEW- YOUTH SERUM – Best for aging skin, fine lines and wrinkles. Instant smoothing and tightening with dramatic wrinkle reduction over time. Powerful blend of Antioxidants – Vitamin A, C, E, patented Extremozyme technology.
- ACTIVE SERUM – Best for diminishing pore size, acne, rough texture, brightening. Exfoliates, hydrates, smoothes and softens skin. Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Willow Bark Extract, Mushroom Extract, Arbutin.
- PRO-HEALTH SERUM ADVANCE - Best for rosacea, red, irritated skin. Reduces inflammation associated with rosacea, sensitive or sundamaged skin. 15% Vitamin C, E, A & Olive Leaf Extract.
- SUPER SERUM ADVANCE – Best for fine lines, wrinkles and scars. A powerful antioxidant that provides UV photo protection, builds collagen, brightens and firms. Vitamin C 15%, Copper Tripeptide HGF Growth Factor, Mushroom Extract.
- YOUTH EYE COMPLEX – Best for wrinkles and crow’s feet, under-eye puffiness and dark circles. A superior eye cream to hydrate, build collagen, firm and tighten aging skin around the eyes. Hyluronic Acid, Octapeptide-3, Copper Tripeptide HGF Growth Factor, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) E, C , B5.
Pro-Derm Inc. is a Canadian company that has developed a ''cosmeceutical' skin care line - a skin care line that combines the benefits both cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
Founded in 1996, the Pro-Derm skin care line was developed by a team of chemists and a dermatologist. Products contain high levels of clinically-proven, effective ingredients that include innovative agents, natural botanical extracts and pure essential oils.
The cosmeceutical line is designed to achieve or maintain beautiful skin, and to optimize the dermatology procedures offered by physicians, dermatologists and plastic surgeons.
Revision Skincare is a well-established skincare provider, with over 25 years in the field. Revision prides itself on providing clinically proven, high-performing skincare products. The Revision Skincare collection was formulated to enhance skin’s appearance and reduce signs of aging, using pure and effective ingredients.
Formulations are based on rigorous research and testing, and manufactured using the highest ethical standards. Revision does not test products on animals.
EltaMD is an interesting skincare provider in that its skincare line grew out of an original focus on wound healing treatments.
Elta has applied its expertise in wound healing to produce first-class sunscreens, which are zinc-based, and the SKiN Laser Clinic is proud to make EltaMD sunscreen products available to customers.
EltaMD sunscreens prevent sun damage safely and provide serious UVA and UVB protection with microfine transparent zinc oxide, which leaves no white residue on the skin’s surface. The sunscreens are:
- Fragrance Free
- Paraben Free
- Non comedogenic
- Oil Free
EltaMD UV Shield SPF 45 has 9% micronized, transparent zinc oxide specifically formulated to provide oil-free UV protection for the face, either alone or under makeup. Great for all skin types, especially oily or acne-prone skin. The light, sheer formula spreads quickly and leaves no residue.
EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41 has 9% Zinc Oxide and 7% Titanium Dioxide. This is a chemical-free, natural, mineral UV protective product that is ideal for sensitive skin and children. Paraben-free
EltaMD TMUV Daily has 9% microfine zinc oxide and is a light, sheer daily moisturiser with UVA and UVB protection . Paraben-free
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions treated in dermatology. An estimated 4.5 million Canadians have acne, including many adults. CLENZIderm M.D. offers a solution for treating acne, a simple 3-step system. These products work together to provide a clinically proven acne-control system that delivers rapid results.
This state-of-the-art acne system is formulated with proven acne-fighting ingredients, including a breakthrough, patent-pending, penetrating formula of 5% benzoyl peroxide. This powerful medication instantly penetrates the pores and begins reducing acne below the skin’s surface, providing a clearer complexion in as early as 2 weeks.
Three Causes of Acne
- P. Acnes bacteria
- Skin cell build up
- Excess sebum
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. System is distributed exclusively by skin care professionals.
Step 1: Daily Care Foaming Cleanser with 2% salicylic acid
Step 2: Pore Therapy with 2% salicylic acid
Step 3: Serum Gel with 5% Liquefied Benzoyl Peroxide
Have you ever wished for longer eyelashes? You may wish to consider LATISSE.
LATISSE is an ophthalmic solution called Bimatoprost, which grows eyelashes so that they are longer, thicker and darker. LATISSE is the only FDA-approved solution for the treatment of inadequate eye lashes.
A complimentary consultation is required with one of our medical professionals as a prescription is needed. At this consultation Dermatologist Dr. Melinda Gooderham will determine whether LATISSE is right for you.
What are LATISSE treatments like?
LATISSE is applied nightly for 12 to 16 weeks to the rim of your eyelashes. Your SKiN Laser Clinic medical professional will demonstrate the correct application technique for this home lash enhancement product.
For further rejuvenation of the eye region, clients may consider other treatments such as Selphyl, Restylane, Botox and ZO Skin Health Intense Eye Repair, Anti-Aging Formula, to lift, plump, reduce hollowing, tighten and smooth lines and creases around the eyes.
Sunscreens block the sun’s ultraviolet rays and thereby prevent both cell death and destructive free radical formation. They reduce the formation of pigmented spots and lesions. Sunscreens that have both UVA and UVB protection also help to keep the dermis safe from damage to the collagen and elastin. It is the UVA rays, the longer wave ultraviolet that causes wrinkles.
Did You Know…?
- Skin Cancer is the #1 Cancer in North America
- Melanoma risk has doubled in the last 10 years
- More than 90% of all skin cancers are caused by sun exposure
- A person’s risk for skin cancer doubles if he or she has had 5 or more sunburns
- Teens and people in twenties using sunbeds increase their risk 75% for developing melanoma
- The sun is 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow
UVA Rays: (aging rays)
- Can pass through glass
- Are not affected by weather or altitude
- Penetrate deep into the skin layers
- Are 20 times more abundant than UVB
UVB Rays: (burning rays)
- Cause sunburns
- Stronger in the summer and higher altitudes
- SPF (sun protection factor) number shows the level of protecting from UVB rays
Prevention of Sundamage
- Daily application of sunscreen is imperative
- Apply sunscreen before exposure to the sun
- Use a sunscreen that blocks the aging long UVA rays
- Avoid sun exposure during peak hours 10:00am and 4:00pm
- Always wear sunscreen, even in winter and on cloudy days
- Wear a broad brimmed hat, sunglasses and protective clothing
- Apply sunscreen 30-60 minutes before going into the sun.